The Skaneateles Central School District will hold a music information night from 7 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 10. in the High School Auditorium. The event is sponsored by the SCS Music Booster club.
Here is what the evening will offer according to a flyer from the district:
This evening is for you if you:
• Have a student in any grade (k through 12) enrolled in the district and are interested in learning more about the music curriculum.
• Have a student in any grade (three through 12) actively participating in chorus, band, orchestra, or theater, or who may be interested in participating in any of the above.
• Have a senior who needs music scholarship information.
• Are interested in meeting the music teachers and staff (k through12)
This evening is also for you if you’ve ever wondered:
• What is All County, Solo Fest, NYSSMA, NYSBDA, etc.?
• What is the national music distinction that our district has earned the past three years (NAMM)?
• How can your child qualify to participate in the Select or Madrigal Choir, Solo Fest, Jazz Band, Drumline, Drama, etc.?
• What music education and performance opportunities are available for SCS students at school and in the community?
• What can I do to support our schools’ music programs?
Come hear representatives from the music department discuss the programs our district provides our children k through 12. A brief question and answer period will follow their presentation.
Please be sure to sign up for the SNN (School News Notifier) on the district website, skanschools.org, or in the lobby at music info night.