As indicated by a letter from the town to the village dated Sept. 20, 2013, the subcommittee had reviewed these suggestions and Keyes and McGlynn had submitted them to then-town attorney Patrick Sardino who reviewed the suggestions and returned his comments to town board as of July 7. They then proposed holding a joint town and village meeting with Russell to discuss the proposed changes and moving forward with adopting them.
Prior to the meeting, John Cromp said that the subcommittee had been working on the proposed revisions since 2011 including eight or nine meetings in 2013. Cromp was appointed to the subcommittee in 2011 when he was a village trustee and has remained as a volunteer since losing the election that year.
On Sept. 27, village Mayor Marty Hubbard wrote a letter to the town board stating that the review process should be continued by the four-person subcommittee and the original review committee and that a joint meeting with Russell would be “premature.”
Review committee member Alan Dolmatch also responded to the town’s letter on Sept. 25 to state that the committee members did not consider their work to be complete and that they were “summarily disbanded” by the town board in 2012 without their input.
The town board did not discuss the comprehensive plan review or the letters from Hubbard and Dolmatch at its Oct. 3 meeting, though Town Supervisor Terri Roney did write back on Oct. 7 inviting the village officials to the Oct. 23 meeting.
At the meeting, review committee member Bob Eggelston reiterated that the draft submitted in 2011 was a “work in progress” not a completed draft that should be considered for adoption.
The work of the committee was stalled and left incomplete when chair Cathy Dove had to resign and the town board had asked them to accelerate the process, Eggleston said.