Quantcast

Skaneateles Fire Department Oct. update

As the leaves and temperatures continue to fall, the Skaneateles Fire Department would like to remind the residents of the Skaneateles Fire District to make sure to have your home’s furnace and chimney inspected prior to the beginning of the winter heating season. There are numerous hazards associated with the use of these heating appliance including: carbon monoxide poisoning, creosote buildup within the flu, the collection of debris or animals within the chimney itself or even cracks in the liner of the chimney. All of these situations could have catastrophic outcomes including chimney fires, structure fires or even severe injury and death.

So please remember to change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms on Nov. 3 when you set your clock back one hour due to daylight savings time.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment