The Cat in the Hat presents first-grader Lily Casey with an award for reading the most minutes of anyone in her class at Elden Elementary School. Helping with the awards presentation are PARP coordinator Maria Jackson, middle, and Principal Dee Froio.
Baldwinsville Elden Elementary School announced the winners of its Parents as Reading Partners reading contest during a celebration in the school gym on March 1.
The Cat and the Hat helped Principal Dee Froio and PARP coordinator Maria Jackson hand out the awards to students who read the most minutes from each classroom during the five-week program. The school as a whole read 205,000 minutes.
Students awarded for reading the most minutes are:
- Isaac Begal – kindergarten, 678 minutes
- Shane Wellman – kindergarten, 802 minutes
- Nia Delardi – kindergarten, 1730 minutes
- Ryan Bellinger – kindergarten, 650 minutes
- Peter Khan – first grade, 990 minutes
- Adelyn Jenk – first grade, 559 minutes
- Nico Wellman – first grade, 752 minutes
- Lily Casey - first grade, 1,865 minutes
- Graham Jackson – second grade, 1,465 minutes
- Marley Paskell – second grade, 782 minutes
- Derek Jenk – second grade, 1,261 minutes
- Sophia Proia - third grade, 1,715 minutes
- Caitlin Sacco – third grade 1,874 minutes
- Grace Stanard – third grade, 4,192 minutes
- Julia Penfield – fourth grade, 1,410 minutes
- Paige Morrissey – fourth grade, 1,365 minutes
- Raven Klint – fourth grade, 3,100 minutes
- Nate Durkin – fifth grade, 4,020 minutes,
- Alexandra Jenkins – fifth grade 1,200 minutes
- Hayley Poupore – fifth grade, 2,825 minutes