The show is organized by the FLC and the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation (also known as the Skaneateles Foundation), and presented by M&T Bank.
Judging of the boats, in 35 categories, takes place Saturday morning. Throughout the weekend, visitors to the show will cast their votes for the highly coveted People’s Choice Award, sponsored by Doug’s Fish Fry, which will be presented at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Additional highlights include:
• Performances by the 42nd Infantry Division Band, 4 p.m. Friday; the Skaneateles Community Band, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday; the Syracuse Brigadiers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps, noon to 3 p.m. Saturday; and the Soda Ash Six, noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• A display of antique model boats by the Syracuse Model Boat Club, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• A youth judging competition, sponsored by Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance to “spark kids’ passion for wooden boats,” 10 a.m. Saturday.
• Opportunities for children to paint their own wooden boats, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday.
• Guided tours by the Skaneateles Historical Society, starting at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. $10 per person, with proceeds benefiting the Historical Society. A 50/50 raffle will also be offered.
• A boat parade and fly-by, starting at 3 p.m. Saturday.
• A photo-shoot and spectator cruise aboard the Judge Ben Wiles, 10 a.m. Sunday. The Judge will leave from the Mid-Lakes Navigation dock in Clift Park and make a slow tour of the north end of Skaneateles Lake, while exhibiting boats make random passes and provide opportunities for action shots. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children under 13 accompanied by an adult. Coffee and pastries will be available; no reservations are necessary.
• Raffle drawings. First prize is a $750 gift certificate from Mirbeau Inn and Spa. Additional prizes are $250 cash, a $250 Mirbeau gift certificate, dinner for two aboard the Judge Ben Wiles, a toy wooden boat filled with lottery tickets, a $50 gift certificate from White and White Antiques and Interiors and a framed 2013 boat show poster. Tickets are $5 each, three for $10 or 10 for $20.
For more information, visit skaneateles.com or call the Skaneateles Area Chamber of Commerce at 685-0552.