To the editor:
The board of directors and the staff of the Samaritan Center and the members of the Beach, Blues and Bar-Barbecue steering committee together send a hearty thank you to all who supported this year’s Aug. 4 event at Skaneateles Country Club. Local people helped this annual fund raising effort, the proceeds of which enable the Samaritan Center to feed hungry men, women and children throughout the year.
David and Anne Lee and their family served as this year’s Honorary Chair Persons. We deeply appreciate their long association and support for the Samaritan Center.
Thanks to the members of the steering committee who contributed their time and talent to help make the 2013 Beach, Blues and Barbecue a success.
Thanks to the volunteers, including our favorite bartender Al Colella, who shared the evening with us.
A special thank you goes to:
• Robert Kiltz, M.D., who through CNY Healing Arts was again generously a presenting sponsor
• First Niagara, which also served as a presenting sponsor this year
• Welch Allyn and the other underwriters who enhanced our success
• Countless auction contributors who magnified the revenue we received
• Lynne Sweet and Jim Fields of Skaneateles Country Club who lent their expertise to the event
In short, despite the current economic troubles, our community again helped in a significant way to provide nutritious meals without pre-conditions to those least able to cope.