Oct 10, 2012 Ned Campbell Uncategorized
Sheriff’s Deputies are attempting to identify the source of threats made against students at Marcellus High School this morning.
At 8:18 a.m., an anonymous caller contacted 911 and said a specific student was going to harm students at the high school. Sheriff’s Deputies and members of the New York State Police responded to the school where the school resource officer had already begun an investigation, deputies said. School officials then implemented lock down procedures.
Working with school administrators, deputies found that the student accused of the initial alleged threat was not in school and then located him at his Marcellus home, deputies said.
With more than a dozen police officers at the school, a second anonymous call was received reporting a bomb threat, deputies said. Sheriff’s and New York State Police bomb units were called to the scene to assist in searching the building. The lock down was lifted at 11:15 a.m.
Both threats are believed to be unsubstantiated. The investigation is ongoing.
Apr 25, 2017