Quantcast

Fire at Ray Middle School

No one injured in incident

— At approximately 9:25 a.m. this morning, a student at Ray Middle School reported a fire in the boys bathroom.

The building principal was in the immediate vicinity, entered the restroom and immediately stamped out the toilet paper that was on fire, said Jeanne Dangle, superintendent of the Baldwinsville Central School District.

"There was not a significant amount of smoke to activate an alarm," she continued, adding no students were in harms way.

Parents of Ray Middle School students were notified. School resource officers together with school officials are investigating the matter and have identified a possible suspect, Dangle said.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment