Inside the Creamery Museum Expansion

Many others have given of their time and expertise including the Patrick Brothers, Roger and Allan, from Leo's Body Shop. Some of their handiwork can be seen right now on the outside with the restoration and installation of the recovered anchor from the former tour boat, the City of Syracuse.

"The anchor was donated by Uncle Don (Stinson) in 1983," said Bill Stinson, "it's fitting it is here, Don would have wanted that."

Funds still needed

There are funds in place to finish the boat display by the end of the year. But additional funds are still required to finalize the project. The SHS is hoping residents and lovers of Skaneateles will donate money at the end of this calendar year to complete the project. This can be easily accomplished with a simple donation or the purchase of an engraved paver brick. The pavers will go into a new walkway in front of the Creamery that will complete the center's landscaping. Examples of the pavers are on display at the Creamery. People are using this to pay tribute or to even memorialize a loved one. Three local dogs already have pavers including the late Skaneateles Press Dogs, Grace and Mr. Lemon.

For more information call 685-1360 or stop by the Creamery. And consider that the Skaneateles Historical Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, making your donation qualify as a tax deductable contribution.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment