Village retail/office vacancies/or potential vacancies:
1. Quinzi Jewelry Store, Genesee Street - soon to be a real estate office
2. Julie Sharpe's retail space, Genesee Street - vacant
3. Dr. Kiltz Building, Genesee Street - vacant (under construction)
4. Lake View House (former Imagine), Genesee Street - under construction, has tenant, but is pulling from another Genesee Street location, which will leave a vacancy.
5. Morris's Grill - Seitz Building, Genesee Street, vacant (Moro Table?)
6. 5 on Jordan - Seitz Building, Jordan Street, going out of business
7. Hitching Post Gift Shop - Seitz Building, Jordan Street, for sale
8. The Old Stone Mill, Fennell Street - vacant
9. 13 Fennell Street - partially vacant
10. 17 Fennell Street - vacant and for sale
11. 19 Fennell Street - vacant (except for Tracy Dee's Salon), rented by Bill Eberhardt
12. 27 Fennell Street - vacant, behind the nail salon and UPS store
13. 51 Fennell Street - former Yarn Bin, vacant and for sale
14. Skaneateles Office Supply - downsized and repurposed, as Print and Press (copy service and dry cleaning service
15. Pomodoro, Pomodoro Too, Genesee and Jordan Streets - for sale
16. UPS store, Fennell Street - for sale
17. Potential development at old mobil station and BP stations, West Genesee Street
Vacant new housing in village:
10 luxury condominiums at Seitz Building
4 luxury condominiums at Old Stone Mill
The Chamber expresses concern, asks board for help:
The Director of the Skaneateles Chamber of Commerce, Sue Dove, appeared before the village board at the Monday Nov. 9 meeting. She said this is her 15th year representing the Chamber, and normally she would have weekly calls of inquiry from potential business operators. But this year, she said the phone isn't ringing, at all.
Speaking for the Chamber, Dove said they are concerned about the village mix of businesses, distributing a list to the board of trustees of vacant stores and businesses that are closing.