The Clay Town Board held its annual organizational meeting Monday Jan. 4 prior to its first meeting of the year. At the meeting, the board established salaries for town employees, made committee appointments and listed the dates on which the board would not meet due to holidays.
As established at the organizational meeting, the Clay Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. the first and third Monday of every month. There will be no meeting Jan. 18 in honor of Martin Luther King Day; it will instead be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Jan. 20. The board will also cancel its meetings Monday Feb. 15, Monday July 4, Monday Aug. 2 and Monday Sept. 6 (that meeting will be held Wednesday Sept. 8).
The board accepted a resolution setting the following annual salaries:
* Supervisor Damian Ulatowski: $47,294
* Deputy Supervisor Robert Edick: $12,182
* Town board members Joseph Bick, Naomi Bray, Bruce Johnson, Clarence Rycraft and William Weaver: $11,009 each
* Town justices Christopher Gaiser and Brian Lauri: $35,440
* Commissioner of Parks, Recreation and Human Resources Wayne Morris: $54,513
* Commissioner of Finance John Shehadi: $27,385
* Commissioner of Planning and Development Mark Territo: $62,733
* Town Clerk Jill Hageman-Clark: $47,406
* Receiver of Taxes JoDee Kelly: $47,406
* Assessor Robert Bick: $65,073
* Highway Superintendent Thomas Weaver: $73,841
* Water Superintendent Greg Root: $56,243
The board also designated C&S Engineers as the town's engineering firm and Robert Germain of Germain and Germain as the town attorney.
The town also has several committees on which board members serve to help make decisions pertaining to various aspects of life in the town. The following appointments were made to those committees:
* Special Districts: Clarence Rycraft
* Finance: Bruce Johnson and Clarence Rycraft
* Parks, Recreation and Human Resources: Joseph Bick