The Clay Town Board held its annual organizational meeting Monday Jan. 4 prior to its first meeting of the year. At the meeting, the board established salaries for town employees, made committee appointments and listed the dates on which the board would not meet due to holidays.
As established at the organizational meeting, the Clay Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. the first and third Monday of every month. There will be no meeting Jan. 18 in honor of Martin Luther King Day; it will instead be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Jan. 20. The board will also cancel its meetings Monday Feb. 15, Monday July 4, Monday Aug. 2 and Monday Sept. 6 (that meeting will be held Wednesday Sept. 8).
The board accepted a resolution setting the following annual salaries:
* Supervisor Damian Ulatowski: $47,294
* Deputy Supervisor Robert Edick: $12,182
* Town board members Joseph Bick, Naomi Bray, Bruce Johnson, Clarence Rycraft and William Weaver: $11,009 each
* Town justices Christopher Gaiser and Brian Lauri: $35,440
* Commissioner of Parks, Recreation and Human Resources Wayne Morris: $54,513
* Commissioner of Finance John Shehadi: $27,385
* Commissioner of Planning and Development Mark Territo: $62,733
* Town Clerk Jill Hageman-Clark: $47,406
* Receiver of Taxes JoDee Kelly: $47,406
* Assessor Robert Bick: $65,073
* Highway Superintendent Thomas Weaver: $73,841
* Water Superintendent Greg Root: $56,243
The board also designated C&S Engineers as the town’s engineering firm and Robert Germain of Germain and Germain as the town attorney.
The town also has several committees on which board members serve to help make decisions pertaining to various aspects of life in the town. The following appointments were made to those committees:
* Special Districts: Clarence Rycraft
* Finance: Bruce Johnson and Clarence Rycraft
* Parks, Recreation and Human Resources: Joseph Bick
* Public Safety: Robert Edick
* Highway and Public Works: William Weaver
* Planning and Development: Bruce Johnson
* Zoning Board of Appeals: Bruce Johnson
* Personnel: Damian Ulatowski
* Industrial Development: Damian Ulatowski, Naomi Bray and Clarence Rycraft
* Building: Robert Edick and William Weaver
* Recreation Facilities and Grants Special Committee: Damian Ulatowski and Robert Edick
* Liaison to the North Syracuse Central School District: Robert Edick
* Liaison to the Liverpool Central School District: Damian Ulatowski
Finally, in an effort to save money, the town announced that it will not be sending a delegate to the Association of Towns meeting at the state level this February.
Sarah Hall is the editor of the Eagle Star-Review and the Baldwinsville Messenger. The 2012 winner of the Syracuse Press Club's Selwyn Kershaw Professional Standards Award, she has been with Eagle Newspapers since 2006. She is a Liverpool native.
Jan 16, 2017
Jan 16, 2017
Jan 16, 2017