Quantcast

Skaneateles: FD to be reimbursed for landscaping

The Skaneateles Fire Department can count on receiving funds from its two supporting municipalities for landscaping the department had completed at the new station at 77 W. Genesee St.

The town board was asked for reimbursement, which, along with the village's portion, amounts to $10,611 to be split between the municipalities in accordance with the fire protection agreement. The agreement is for the town to pay 60 percent of the cost and the village to pay the remaining 40 percent.

The village had previously been asked for reimbursement.

"This has been going back and forth for quite a while," Supervisor Terri Roney said.

The landscaping was completed by Finger Lakes Landscaping, a company based in Skaneateles.

Councilor Jim Greenfield made a motion to reimburse the fire department subject to the village reimbursing their 40 percent. The board approved the motion.

No decision on planning committee

After asking the Comprehensive Planning Committee to go on hiatus last December, the Skaneateles Town Board is trying to make headway with getting the committee back on track.

"I think we should probably get them reconvened with some direction," Supervisor Terri Roney said.

So far two people have come forward asking to be removed from the committee -- Chairman Bob Lotkowictz and Irene Stafford. Several others, though, would like to remain on the committee, which until Lotkowictz's and Stafford's resignations had 11 town and village residents on it.

The board had previously been toying with the idea of reducing the number of committee members, and if those two seats are not filled the committee would be reduced to a more reasonably numbered board with nine members.

The only issue with reducing the number of members by more than two is keeping the committee diverse.

"It is a community document," Roney said of the comprehensive plan. Committee members are chosen to fill various areas such as agriculture, town and village representatives, the business community and so on.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment