Quantcast

Summit Federal Credit Union Completes Conversion of Syracuse Federal Branches

The Summit Federal Credit Union completed a data conversion , making former Syracuse Federal Credit

Union branches fully operational as branches of The Summit effective Thursday, April 1. All seven former Syracuse FCU branches in Syracuse and Cortland will operate in their current locations and will continue to be

staffed by current Syracuse FCU employees. Although the merger of accounting records officially took place on January 1, 2010, the data conversion completes a six month planning process and a three month training cycle for

Syracuse employees.

Members of the Syracuse Federal Credit Union voted to merge with The Summit Federal Credit Union on October 7, 2009. The Summit was founded in Rochester in 1941 initially serving the employees of the Rochester Telephone

Company. The Syracuse FCU had its roots with several groups including Syracuse University, the Syracuse Police, Le Moyne College, OCC and city and county workers in the Syracuse and Cortland areas. The Summit Federal Credit

Union will now provide its full array of services to all of these groups and many more in Central New York.

The following branch locations are now operating as The Summit Federal Credit Union:

Liverpool, 4336 Wetzel Rd.;

Syracuse/Civic Center, 421 Montgomery St., lower lobby;

Syracuse/Federal Bldg., 525 Federal Building, downtown;

Syracuse, 728 East Genesee St., downtown and

Syracuse, 1400 Erie Blvd. East, near Syracuse University.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment