Fire in Van Buren

Smoke poured from a Village Green apartment building Thursday evening as firefighters worked to subdue the threat.

It took about 20 minutes for fire fighters from eight different fire departments to put out the fire, which was reported at about 7:30 p.m. at 3033 Village Blvd. S., said Tom Perkins, public information officer with the Baldwinsville Fire Department.

According to reports, the fire shot through the second floor and roof after a sliding glass door blew out from the heat. First-floor tenant Paul Brown was treated at the scene and released. His cat died in the fire. No other injuries were reported.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment